Welcome to the section on Worship, where you will find relevant information on the many different aspects of worship.
This website is part of Watton on the web please take your time and look at the rest of the content we have available.
Author: Darlene Zschech
Zephaniah 3:14-17 "Sing, O Daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem! The Lord has taken away your punishment, He has turned back your enemy. The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm. On that day they will say to Jerusalem, 'Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp. The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Not long after the release of Hosanna Integrity's Shout to the Lord album. I was interviewed for a Christian magazine and asked the question, "What's it like being a female worship leader?" "Well" (what a strange question I thought). "I have never been a male worship leader", I replied, "so I have nothing to compare it to." It seemed, in the interviewer's mind, that for God to use a woman was almost too much to get his head around (and a blonde one at that)! Well, the good news is, the Bible is filled with great examples of women who, through devotion to their King, were able to bring great change and have great influence in their lifetimes. I call them worshipping women. For example:
Here are a few thoughts on what I see a woman of worship to be
She knows how to come before her Saviour with such genuine thankfulness and enthusiasm that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are compelled to receive the song of this adoring heart.
She knows how to approach the King with awe, reverence and yet a pure and honest familiarity, allowing her to express the depths of praise erupting from her life.
Her extended hands invite those in her world to come and adore Him
She has confidence in God's promises, that her times are in His hands. She fears no evil.
She is tender yet strong, allowing the Lord to touch and heal the dark, broken places of her heart sharing things with God that she'd never tell another soul.
She understands grace, and stands confidently, not arrogantly, in the shadow of His wings.
She trusts in the Lord with her whole heart, knowing that a song in the night season is far greater than no song at all.
So how do you become this woman of worship? I can testify that it is a process a journey that I'm still travelling, and the only baggage allowed on this trip is a heart that is desperate to connect with the Father.
- Come to KNOW Him. Not just about Him. Not just in your intellect but in your heart of hearts. Acts 2:25 "I saw the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN." Job 19:25 "But as for me, I KNOW that my Redeemer lives, and that He will stand upon the earth at last." True relationship with God takes time and devotion
- Have Faith. Worship is more than ceremony. It starts with an act of faith and a decision of your WILL. Remember, without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Adore Him. The essence of worship is just being in love Psalm 63:1-5: O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
- Learn the art of appreciation how to say thank you. True Praise Psalm 34 - I will praise at all times!
- Bring a song. Psalm 33 - Let the Godly sing with joy to the Lord. Psalm 150:6
- Let everything that LIVES - sing praises to the Lord. So, I encourage you allow the gift within you COMPEL you to come before the King and let ALL that is within you, BLESS HIS HOLY name More than music and song all designed to carry His presence, yet a true woman of worship will allow her entire life to be an 'I ADORE YOU' to her Lord.
With much love, from my world to yours PS: Guys I'll write something for you next time!!
For further information about Worship please return to
Worship Leaders front page